Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 2012

Happy New Year to all my Epicure customers!  I hope 2012 brings good health, happiness and fortune to you and your families.

I have a group order going in Friday, January 20th if you have any Epicure products that need replenishing or wish to try something new.  Please email me with your list.

The new Epicure Selections catalogue is out!  http://publish.paperlesspublications.com/?userpath=00000195/00017475/00072741 It is valid from January to April 2012 - it looks like we will see three catalogues this year rather than one valid all year.  The theme for this season is "Home Comforts" and Epicure has introduced some great new products for it.  Here are some of what I have tried so far:

1.  Butter Chicken (from the "What's for Dinner" collection) only $3.99 a package or 3 pack for $9.99

I wished for this family favorite to become "epicurized"and here it is brand new for 2012!  You can make this delicious Indian dish homemade in 30 minutes.  Add greek yogurt instead of cream to this skinnier version and your waistline and taste buds will be happy! This makes a very easy meal!

My tip:  When I make this in my kitchen I substitute half the yogurt with almond milk - it makes the dish nice and rich as if you used cream but still healthy and low fat.

2.  Slow Cooker Stampede BBQ Ribs (from the "What's for Dinner" collection) only $3.99 a package or 3 pack for $9.99

I was a little nervous when I tested this...the name had a lot to live up to...my mouth was watering when I read it on the package!  I followed the instructions exactly and I have to say it was very easy and probably the least messy rib prep I have ever had.  I wasn't sure if "BBQ" could come out of my slow cooker but when I put the platter of ribs on the dinner table my family actually squealed in delight when they saw them.  The taste was great - they turned out very tender from the hours of being slow cooked.  These ribs were definitely a hit at our house.

My tip:  Get the pork back ribs - these are more trimmed of fat and have more actual meat on them.  (vs. fat) Often the packages of ribs in the grocery aisle are side ribs which aren't as tender and have more fat on them.  Back ribs cost a little more but are worth it.

3.  Buffalo Wings (from the "What's for Dinner" collection) only $3.99 a package or 3 pack for $9.99  

My husband loves buffalo chicken wings and it pains me to buy the frozen varieties in the store to feed his craving as a treat now and then.  I have tried to make them homemade with bottled sauce but they never turn out just right like the ones you get at Earl's, Cactus Club or a good pub.  When I saw brand new Epicure package I knew they'd have to go against not only my making them testing but my husband's taste bud testing too.  Just like the other What's For Dinner collection items, these buffalo wings were very easy to make!  They passed my cooking test, and unlike their store bought varieties these are simply baked and there is no deep frying involved.  Big points for healthier eating from me.  They also passed the husband taste test!   More big points for happy husband from me too :)  A word of caution: these chicken wings are too spicy for most kids.  I recommend serving Epicure's new Blue Cheese Dip Mix ($7.99) with these.

Next week I will test the brand new "Slow Cooker Country Chicken" and "Slow Cooker Savoury Beef" What's for Dinner packages (each $3.99/ 3 for $9.99) in my kitchen and let you know how they go.

I hope you will take a few minutes to visit the new Epicure Catalogue and see what other new products there are!  You will also notice that the hosting benefits have changed this year, making it even easier to get free products when you host an Epicure Get-Together with friends and family.  Ask me for more information if you are interested in learning more about this.

A challenge for you:  Find the name of the new healthy potato chip maker in the catalogue and email it to me to be entered into my draw this week for a What's for Dinner meal package of your choice!  Contest closes January 24, 2012.


Thank you for reading!
Sincerely,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment